DELICIOUS FOOD & DRINKS
(Please call ahead or check websites for any covid-19-related restrictions)
TO-DOS AND MUST TRIES DURING YOUR STAY AT BROOKWOOD HOUSE
- First Watch (lunch as well) – 2243 Franklin Rd SW Suite B, Roanoke, Virginia 24014
- Our Daily Bread Bakery and Bistro-3334 Brambleton Ave, Roanoke, Virginia 24018
- Scratch biscuit company- 1820 Memorial Ave SW, Roanoke, Virginia 24015
- Cello coffee house and café- 118 Campbell Ave se, Roanoke Virginia, 24011
- Scrambled- 32 Market sq SE Roanoke Va 24011
- Mill Mountain Coffee and Tea- 4309 Starkey Rd, Roanoke VA 24018
- Sweet Donkey Coffee -2108 Broadway Ave SW, Roanoke VA 24014
Lunch and Dinner:
- Evie’s bistro and bakery- 1212 Fourth st SW Roanoke VA 24016
- Wildflower café and catering-2143 Colonial Ave SW, Roanoke VA 24015
- Nawab Indian cuisine- 416 Salem Ave, Roanoke Va 24011
- Thai continental cuisine- 106 Market St SE, Roanoke VA 24011
- Fork in the market- 32 Market square SE #128, Roanoke VA 24011
- Wasena City Tap Room and Grill-806 Wasena ave SW, Roanoke VA 24015
- Holly Jo’s Creekside Grill- 25174 Virgil H Goode Hwy site 2, Boones Mill, VA 24065
- The Green Goat- 802 Wiley DR SW Roanoke VA 24015
- Elderberrys- 3565 Electric Rd Suite E, Roanoke VA 24018
- Montano’s International Gourmet- 3733 Franklin RD, SW Roanoke VA 24014
- Benny Marconi’s Pizza- 120 Campbell Ave, Roanoke Va 24011- pizza slices the size of your face
- Pop’s- 1916 Memorial Ave SW, Roanoke VA 24015-Grandin Village, Ice cream, shakes, grilled cheeses and soups.
- Texas Tavern -114 Church Ave SW Ronaoke VA, 24011- This Roanoke famous 10seat greasy spoon serves some mean hotdogs, burgers, and chili. If you ask for a straw or ketchup, be prepared for some sass. Open 24/7
- Local Roots-1314 Grandin Rd SW, Roanoke Va, 24015-Grandin Village-Farm-to-table restaurant.
- Deschutes Brewery Tasting Room- 315 Market St SE, Roanoke VA 24011-
- Parkway Brewing Company- 739 Kessler Mill RD, Salem VA 24153
- Frankie Rowlands Steakhouse-104 S Jefferson St, Roanoke VA 24011
- Table 50- 309 Market St SE, Roanoke VA 24011
- Local roots- 1314 Grandin Rd SW, Roanoke VA 24015
- Lucky Restaurant- 18 Kirk Ave SW, Roanoke VA 24011
Attractions and To-dos
- River Rock Climbing- 806 Wasena Ave SW, Roanoke VA 24015
- Taubman Museum of Art- 110 Salem Ave SE, Roanoke VA 24011
- Center in the Square/Science Museum/African American Culture Museum- 1 Market St SE, Roanoke VA 24011-downtown. Aquarium, science museum,beautiful rooftop venue.
- Downtown Roanoke City Market- 1 Market St SE, Roanoke VA 24011-Check this out on Saturdays
for local artists, vendors, and craftspeople.
- Mill Mountain Theater- 1 Market St SE, Roanoke VA 24011
- Mill Mountain Star-2000 Jb Fishburn Pkwy SE, Roanoke VA 24014-Largest free-standing,man-made illuminated star in the world.
- Blue Ridge Parkway-A very scenic drive with lots of overlooks. Closest on-ramp is a 5-minute drive away, off of Route 220. If you’re walking or biking, you can just head to the bridge that crosses over Starlight Lane.
- Roanoke’s Greenway Belt
- Virginia Museum of Transportation- 303 Norfolk Ave SW, Roanoke VA 24016
- Wasena Park- 1001 Winchester Ave SW, Roanoke VA 24015
- McAfee’s Knob Parking Lot- 31 min. drive, 8.3 mile hike round trip, roughly 4 to 5 hours. The summit is one of the most photographed locations on the Appalachian trail!
- Dragon’s Tooth Trail Head- 34 min. drive, 5.7 mile hike round trip, roughly 2 to 4 hours. Some rock-scrambling involved. Huge rock the size of a dragon’s tooth at the top!
- Tinkers Cliff, 43 min. drive.
- Explore Park 19 min. drive – Lots of trails, buildings crafted using techniques from hundreds of years ago, ropes courses, hikes, mountain biking, etc. https://www.roanokecountyparks.com/231/Explore-Park
- Twin Falls/Bottom Creek Gorge/Bent Mountain Falls Hike 32 min. drive, three different trails to choose from, varying lengths; roughly 2 to 4 hours round trip. All three trails end at the 2nd tallest waterfall in Virginia!
- Grandin Theatre 18 min. drive, Grandin village, independently owned movie theater.
- Black Dog Salvage, 20 min. drive, Black Dog Salvage is an architectural salvage business and Design Center located in Roanoke, VA Home to DIY Network’s “Salvage Dawgs”
- Floyd, VA, 48 min. drive, Cute little one-stoplight town. Interesting art galleries, and a beautiful drive. Contra dancing every friday night at the Floyd General store (https://www.floydcountrystore.com/music/jamboree)
- Botanical Gardens at Virginia Western, 12 min. drive
- Harvester Performance Center, 28 min. drive, Franklin County.
- PARKING RECOMMENDATION FOR DOWNTOWN: Free parking is usually available behind the Taubman Museum of Art on Norfolk Ave SE. This is a short walk to most of the downtown recommendations.